This is Caleb's first camp out as a Boy Scout. He and Brett went to the district Spring Camporee. We didn't decide that they would actually be going until Thursday morning, and they were leaving Friday evening (nothing like waiting until the last minute). I got to help gather things for the camp out (clothes, utensils, and snack foods). Brett came home early, o.k. not too early but it was well before 7:30 p.m. to pack his backpack and Caleb's backpack. I don't know much about packing for a camp out, so I just had Caleb lay his clothes on my bed. I laid out some things for Brett, and he took care of all of the packing. He then came to the photography studio and waited for the call from the scout master to leave. The timing was perfect. As Caleb was finishing his last picture...the call came.
The children had pictures for their dance recital yesterday, so we were at the photography studio from 4:00 - 7:00 ish. That is what happens when there are 4 children in five different groups. We have level 1, 2, &4. Then we have a competition group and a duet. The children are incredibly patient waiting for their turn. It does work out well that they know a lot of the other dancers there and they are able to play with them.
6 comments:
fun!
Jason just took Grant on the Father-Son campout...overnight..hehe
I hope you had a party! One of the first things Brett said when Caleb was born was something like...now we can go on father-son camp outs. Very cute!
naw...I just went to a friend's and watched a movie...a dumb one at that.
I really didn't know what to do with myself.
I did go garage sale-ing in the morning and got a free car seat! and a jogging stroller for $4!!! I guess, I had my own kind of party. :)
It's fun to see Daddy be so excited about his son. :)
very fun! you'll have to post the pictures when you get them back
Our ward has father-son camp outs for all ages. North will get to go this year - Cody thought he was a little too young the past 2 years (Actually, I'm not even sure they did one last year.)
As soon as my boys were walking, Brett started taking them. It is something they look forward to every year... and so do the girls because we have a girl party (buy a new princess movie, get treats, and cuddle in my bed - I move the TV into my room).
Post a Comment