14 December 2008

It was Magical

On our vacation, we woke up on Monday morning and went to Disneyland. We got there about 8:00 a.m. and the adventures began. Of course we had to get our picture taken by the front entry way. Then we were on our way.

The first place we went was Fantasyland. The place was beautiful. It was decorated for Christmas, so there were lights and ornaments on all the buildings and trees. We were literally transported.

We went right to Fantasyland because Claire wanted to go on the tea cups. We didn't even have to wait in line for this ride. It was beautiful. The girls really wanted to spin, so I spun them fast (it's a good thing I've been to watch several dance classes and I learned the concept of spotting - I didn't even get dizzy). Caleb and Eli got in a cup together and they were spinning really fast, too.

We went on several other rides while we were there, and then we got on the train. We rode all around Disneyland. We got in trouble for eating - oops. Grandma had packed peanutbutter and jelly sandwhiches for us to snack on, and we were munching on the train. We had to ride it in a complete loop, because we didn't want to miss anything in Fantasyland. When we returned, there was a time to dance with the princesses.

Caleb got really close without even knowing it. He decided that if we were going to be in the pavilion, he would make the best of it. We went to It's a Small World and the Matterhorn (I liked these). Small World was decorated for Christmas.

After Fantasyland we went to Tomorrowland. We went on Space Mountain - not my favorite ride. Eli liked it and wanted to do it again, but we never made it back. After we got in our "spaceship" for the ride, we were getting ready to "take-off" and we had to take a detour. We were taken behind a curtain off to the side where we were told that our spaceship was out of jet fuel. We had to climb out and then walk through one of the control rooms and get into another "spaceship." It was an interresting experience.

We went to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and it is a 3D interactive movie. FUN!

We went to Critter Country and hit Splash Mountain, or should I say it hit us? Some of our group got wet, Caleb's shoes got soaked, but I got the prize for being drenched. It was pretty funny. I was in the front of a log with Caleb right behind me and the rest of the people in out log were adult women. We were heavy and made a BIG SPLASH!

There was one ride on Moday that Claire couldn't do - It was Indiana Jones. She wasn't quite tall enough. She got to go on the Jungle Cruise with grandma and grandpa instead. Later than night, we were going to try going on the ride again, and I was going to try to sneak Claire on, but my children were too honest - they wouldn't allow it.

We kind of ended out day between New Orlean's Square and Frontierland.

We saw the parade on main street and I had to get a picture of the gingerbread man because Claire is a gingerbread cookie in the nutcracker.

One of the reindeer came over to where the children were sitting and gave Claire a high five.

I think Brett's favorite part of the parade was Santa's helpers. Enough said.

We saw Fantasmic, and we saw the fireworks. Somewhere in there we ate lunch and dinner. The kiddos were troopers, and the girls were falling asleep while we were holding them.

O.K., I was a little worried about losing one of the children. You hear horror stories about that, so I tatooed my children. I pulled out a pen and wrote my cell phone number on their arms. I told them if they got lost to tell the person helping them to call the number on their arm.

We did random checks to make sure it didn't wash off.

At the end of the day, we walked through the parking lot, crossed the street, and went to be at the hotel, only to anticipate another day of adventure.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Great idea with the cell phone number. It's a Small World was closed when we were there in June I was so bummed. Oh well just another reason to go back. And I want to go when my kiddos are a bit taller and can do even more rides.

Misty said...

looks like you need a santa's helper costume for Christmas! =)

sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

Natalie Erskine said...

I'm sure Russell would have liked Santa's Helpers too :)

I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful time. Sure wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you, but maybe it would have been too many?!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Your arm tatoo gives me a great idea for a souvenier item at amusement parks: Bracelets with a place to insert a piece of paper that has the parents' contact info on it. It could have the park logo and any color you want. Do they have these? If not, I should be famous for the idea, right?

Dawn said...

I didn't see any bracelets. It would be a great idea though.