Emily counted down the days until her birthday. It wouldn't have been so bad, but she started when we returned from Las Vegas. She also watched the mail for birthday cards. She knew that grandma would send her one. Grandpa Holt came through with the first card, and it made her month. She was very excited to get it, and he wrote her name on the front of it. It really liked that. Grandma's card made it the day after, and that was exciting, too.
Emily got her ears pierced when she was in Las Vegas so there wasn't any big presents on the day of her birthday. The morning before, she asked me if she was going to get a new outfit to wear to school like she did last year. So, I went out and got her one. She also got a gingerbread house (I think the last three years we have decorated gingerbread houses about the time of her birthday), a birthday barbie, and a book.

The children only get birthday parties every other year, so on the odd years they get to go to dinner with mom and/or dad and a friend. Emily wanted to go to Larry's place (Larry was a neighbor and the manager of a restaurant called Perkins). While we were there we got a peanut butter silk pie. The friend that she invited was called at the very last minute (20 minutes before we were picking him up), and he was able to make it. It was a fun time and a great birthday.
2 comments:
I need to actually do the every other year thing. My kids beg me for a birthday party each year, and some times they get them and other years they don't. We just did Autumn's a few weeks ago, and the nice thing was she planned it all. - A bunch of dodge ball like games at the church in the gym. All I had to do was print up directions and make the cupcakes. Cody actually did the cupcakes for me though. Yeah.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!! I'll be sure to give you your birthday spankings when I come for my visit!! :) bwahahahahaaa!
Post a Comment