09 September 2009

Back to School

The children all woke up early and were ready to go to school. Brett started their morning off with pancakes, which they were all grateful for (my choice was oatmeal).

Here they are eating breakfast.

Here they are showing what grade they are going into.

Caleb was the first one to leave, so he posed for me to take a picture.

The other three were out the door at the same time to catch the same bus. They were a little happier to pose for a picture of two.
Emily going into 2nd grade.

Claire going into kindergarten (a K not to be confused with a 2)
Eli going into 4th grade.

At the bus stop waiting for the bus.

After the bus picked the children up, I called Brett, got in my car, and went to the Elementary school. Brett & I caught the children getting off the bus.


Claire had to transfer busses to get to the kindergarten center. She didn't really want to stop and pose for a picture.

Then Brett & I took off and went over the the kindergarten center to make sure Claire made it there without any problems.
She seemed a little nervous getting off the bus at her school, but there were several helpers there to take them where they needed to be.

Here she is waiting in line to go in.

She is still waiting in line.

Finally, her class is going in, and she waves to us, but doesn't acknowledge us any other way.

She enjoyed her first day, learned some new songs, and was extremely tired. All of the children had a good day yesterday, and they all slept well last night.

8 comments:

Papa said...

I assume that your closing statement meant "Good Day" for parents too, with the children's willingness too retire early???

Dawn said...

Yes, yes, it was.

Natalie Erskine said...

Wow! You've got a quiet house now--I can't believe all your kids are in school now!
Great photos, thanks for sharing ;)

Misty said...

That's funny that Claire essentially ignored you while in line and going in to class. I also can't believe Caleb is in 7th grade! He's getting way too old...and tall!

Amber said...

hey! we had pancakes our first day of school too!! Tell Brett that great mind MUST think alike! Love the pics!! :) And Claire totally cracks me up! what do you do all day now? :)

Dane said...

Adorable! It looks like a perfect first day of school, I love that you met them at the school.

Heather said...

We had pancakes too! Great minds do think alike.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Good luck with school this year, Asay kids!