13 September 2009

Happy Birthday?

This is what we did for Brett's birthday. We got in the van about 9:00 a.m and went to the temple.
Brett got to drive.
We took the children up with us. Caleb did some homework while Emily and Claire played in the back.
Eli plugged in his gameboy and played video games.
After the temple we went to a park and ate lunch, let the children run around, and just relaxed. Then we went to Best Buy to bet information on washers and dryers, cameras, and ipod docking stations. Our intention was to go to a BMW store, but we ended up on the wrong side of the interstate. After Best Buy we did find our way to the BMW store and we dreamed about getting a birthday present. Then we went to Sam's Club to see if there were any samples - NONE, so we got in the car to drive home.

It was a long drive.
This is what I was able to do on the way home because Brett was doing this...

He was talking to family who was wishing him a very happy birthday. When we pulled into town we went and got gas and a couple of things to eat. We had ramen noodles with peas for dinner, and Brett bought his own birthday donuts.

He stuck in his own candle, tried to light it himself (we wouldn't allow that), and then we sang to him while he blew out his candle.
We didn't make it a very special birthday, but I think we had fun being together.

5 comments:

Misty said...

happy birthday butt!

Amber said...

Hey is that ME you are talking to! :)

Anonymous said...

He sounded upbeat on the phone, so must not have been too bad of a birthday! I think he is just grateful to have such a wonderful family to spend his time with, even though most of it was spent in the car!

Ashley said...

I bet it will be one of the most memorable!!!

although I think last years is hard to top haha

Heather said...

You know it wasn't me he was talking to. I knew it was someone's birthday and Brett's birthday was coming soon. We had stake meetings all day on Saturday and I was not feeling very well. That's my excuse.

Happy Late Birthday for what it's worth.