29 January 2010

Let There Be Light

This is the light fixture that was in Caleb's room. It has had some problems with producing light. We tried the simple things like flipping the switch to the on position and replacing the light bulb with a bulb we knew worked, and still we had no light. Caleb has a lamp in his room, and he would use the lamp for light while he was in there. However, he would still flip the light switch on every time he entered the room. One evening he flipped the switch, and he did not flip it to the off position. That night his light started flickering in the middle of the night (not a pleasant thing to wake up to). We decided that it was a wiring thing, so I decided to get a new light and replace it.

This is what I got.
Now Caleb has a light that works, and we are all happier with that (he can walk in and flip the switch, I can walk by his room and flip the switch to shut it off rather than walk into his room to turn off the lamp - which has three different bulbs and switches on it).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

come say that phrase in our house. only the kitchen and dining room have ceiling lights. one day...hopefully long before we move out.

Dane said...

Between this and the shower, you're must little ms. fixit. :) Plus, the new light is classy, I like it.

Amber said...

yeh--I like the new light. You'll have to tell me how hard it was--I'd love to change a handful of outdated light fixtures in my house. :)