This is Brett's first time chaperoning a field trip. Caleb is going to the Science Museum, and they will be seeing the "Dead Sea Scrolls." He asked if I would be able to chaperone, and I teach preschool on Wednesday. He was a little disappointed. I asked if he wanted his father to chaperone, and he said that Brett probably had to work. I called, and Brett cleared his schedule to go with Caleb. Caleb was shocked that his father could go.
So, today is the big day. Caleb is a little afraid that Brett might embarrass him. It didn't help that Brett said he would do some pretty outrageous things like, "I better not drink too much water, I normally have to go to the bathroom several times in the morning because of all of the water I drink. Do you think they will pull the bus over if I need to go to the bathroom?" (O.K. - it wasn't exactly like that, but that was the idea.)

the boys getting ready to leave

a picture with their lunch box

heading out to the car - Caleb ran out so as not to be another picture

Caleb "thrilled" to get his picture taken yet again

the boys in the car

backing out of the garage
They should have a lot of fun. I am glad that they can go together.
9 comments:
haha! Brett's hilarious.
I love that Brett looks super excited in all of the pictures and Caleb has a look like, "Oh my...what is going to happen today?" HAHAHA!
Hope they have a great time together!!!! Memories in the making...
haha love it!
I am laughing so hard at all Brett's cheesy exprassions!! I just love him!! and then Caleb with the typical, "oh my gosh! My Dad is a Dork! yes, with a capital D!" hahaaa! i'm Brett will behave himself...mostly. :) Good times. My kids would be THRILLED if Daddy would be able to go on a field trip with them. :)
Caleb is secretly "THRILLED." He was in shock when I told him that Brett would sign up to go. He was WAY EXCITED.
So sweet, Brett always did crack me up! Fun for them.
Brett's face in the car is priceless!
I am so glad they could go together! The pictures are ever sooooo cute. Caleb looks happy but a little unsure of Brett's enthusiasm! I want to hear how it went today. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment