21 May 2010

The Birds had a Party at My House

I woke up one morning and sat down to rest.

I looked out the window and saw quite the mess.

The more that I looked, the more mess I saw.
I continued to look and I was in awe.

The table was spotted, the deck was gotten, too.
I could not believe all of the bird poo.

I seriously though that there wouldn't be more.
Until I went out front through my very own door.

I was shocked when I spotted all of this waste.
I hurried down carefully, I'm afraid in my haste

Down the driveway I walked to go get the mail.

I stubbed my toe, thought I broke it and also my nail.

So, this sad story I tell, not for pity or sorrow.
I just hope that the birds party at your house tomorrow!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

aww your poor toe! That bird poop is disgusting!

Nessa said...

Hahahaha! When the birds were done partying at your place they moved the after-party to my Yukon's windshield! :)

Amanda said...

Dawn! that would have taken me DAYS to write that poem! and I still wouldn't have gotten it right. that was great! loved it.

Misty said...

you're funny! hope your toe is better!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Crazy bird party!

Funny, we were both in poetic moods this week. I promise I didn't copy your idea; I wrote my blog post before reading yours!

Amber said...

hahaaa! you can keep your bird party!