For Father's Day this year, Brett said that he didn't want us to go and get/buy him anything. The best gift he could have would be money in the bank. Well, that would not suffice for me. I needed to do something special for the father of my children. The children and I decided that we would make a seven course meal for him. We were already planning to have some friends over, so the preparations began.

The place settings

Course the First - Appetizer:
Bruschetta on Rye

Course the Second - Appetizer
Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce

Course the Third - Salad:
Fruit Skewers

Course the Fourth - Soup:
Cold Cucumber

Course the Fifth - Entree:
Baked Dill Salmon on Rice

Course the Sixth - Entree:
Cashew Steak
Then after dinner we played some games. After our friends left, the children gave Brett a little massage.

Claire rubbing Brett's feet

Eli rubbing Brett's back.
It ended up being a really nice afternoon/evening, even though it started like this:

Spilled soup
Thanks Brett for being a wonderful father. We all love and appreciate you.
Caleb helped with the preparation, however, he was only able to partake of 5 courses because he had to leave early to go to scout camp. (We fed him before everyone else because we knew he would miss the whole dinner.)

6 comments:
Wow…this put my breakfast casserole that I made for Dan to shame! The dishes look beautiful…that was a lot of work! I am very impressed!
That looks so nice. I made Phil a toasted over-easy egg and ham sandwich yesterday and that was it! =) I made him a nice dinner the night before though.
I don't admire how many dishes you had after that dinner...
I'd love to hear more about the cold cucumber soup. I've always been tempted to try it... but just to afraid.....
What's the vote on the soup for both easy of making it and taste?
What a nice day for him...lucky guy! I love the spilled shot, lol!
You can come cook for me anytime! :D
You can come cook for me anytime! :D
Post a Comment