Caleb: Cross country is a mental sport.
Me: Yes, you are all mental for doing it.
So, yesterday I saw several people wearing this saying on their shirts, and I told Caleb and his friends, "If it is printed, it must be true!"


at the starting of the jv boys race

look at all the runners - the ground actually shakes as they run by

determination

As it is breast cancer awareness month, they were passing out shoelaces when the athletes got there.


Caleb's finishing time.
There were 244 racers who crossed the finish line. The first number is the overall place he finished, the second number is the scoring place he finished (I think each team can only have 7 runners score), then his name and grade, his time for a 5K, and his school. His goal is to get under 20 minutes. He has a couple more races this season.
7 comments:
I sent an email to you--but this is awesome! He is so cute and so dedicated. I admire him because I know how much it takes to run, let alone run FAST! I will call him and talk to him. I love you all.
I sent an email to you--but this is awesome! He is so cute and so dedicated. I admire him because I know how much it takes to run, let alone run FAST! I will call him and talk to him. I love you all.
Wow!! Caleb looks gooooooood! Sure wish we could see him run in a race. We will make it happen. Tell him I said congratulations. He is a wonderful young man.
glad you got the package--hope the kids like the wild place mats.
Love you all,
mom and granny
Way to go!
This was Larry's Opinion all his life.
His usual comment was " Look at those Idiots" GH
GO CALEB!!! I would have been dragging in at the end of the line :)
What an accomplishment!
Barring any odd growth spurts in the next few years Caleb will be breaking 17 minutes by his senior year.
A lot of running is just consistency and good miles on the legs. A few 1000 miles over the next years and he will have it. Letsrun.com is a good place to be to keep up with the international running scene and stay motivated.
Post a Comment