Eli was in a spelling bee for school. He made it through a couple of rounds, and then he got out on the word, "YIPPEE" (I didn't even know how to spell it correctly).
OK, I find that to be a highly bizarre spelling bee word. I think you should register an objection with the District person in charge of Spelling Bees.
is yipee (or yippee) even a word? I know it's slang, but is it a real word? that's like getting the word 'cattiwhompus' to spell. it's in the dictionary only because people use it, not because it's a legitimate word.
5 comments:
yipee!
or is it yippee!!! hahaha!
OK, I find that to be a highly bizarre spelling bee word. I think you should register an objection with the District person in charge of Spelling Bees.
is yipee (or yippee) even a word? I know it's slang, but is it a real word? that's like getting the word 'cattiwhompus' to spell. it's in the dictionary only because people use it, not because it's a legitimate word.
Amanda - I think it is a real word. Silly word, but real.
Micah - In all fairness, he did have a list of words to study, and it was on the list.
There were several of us watching, and we were all wondering how to spell it, too.
Post a Comment