08 October 2011

My Get Away - Part 2

Wednesday morning wasn't so beautiful. We woke up to rain. Brett was kind, and he had booked an hour massage for me that morning. I got showered, and went down to the spa. It was wonderful.

When I got back, we decided to go out. We decided to see the town.


When we left the hotel property, this was one of our first sights (I thought of Eli).

We had to stop and get Brett a jacket, since he didn't bring one, and we walked down the 3rd street promenade, we went to an outdoor farmer's market, and we went to a mall. We stopped for lunch at a little hole in the wall restaurant, and then we went back to our room. We were soaked!


Here we are... notice the water drops on Brett's glasses and my green jacket.

When we got back, we dried off, warmed up, watched some tv, and then we took a nap. After we woke up, we decided to walk out to the pier.


There were some pretty flowers on the way.



We watched another sunset (but it was extremely windy).


The pier is at the end of Route 66


I decided that I didn't want to find out what Zoltar had to tell me.


Beautiful sunset.



a seagull hovering over our heads.


A look back at our hotel (the second one from the left).


a giant ferris wheel.

I thought of Eli again...



This is the day Steve Jobs died, and we almost bought a new computer.


instead, we just took pictures of the apples and the flowers left for a memorial.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

so sweet that he wanted you with him. and he looks like he's in his 20s with longer hair.

Natalie said...

So, why do homeless guys make you think of Eli...did I miss something?

Dawn said...

He has had what we affectionately call "hobo-phobia." He gets all tense and sick to his stomach when he sees a "hobo" (as he calls them).

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he overcomes that before serving a mission somewhere filled with "hobos!"

Dane said...

It's been too long since I've visited your blog! Love your pictures, love your family.

Miss ya...

Amber said...

I was going to ask you the same question about Eli. :) you should have bought a new computer! :)