Claire turned four and it has empowered her. We told her that when she was four she would have to wipe her own bum. The first time she really clogged the toilet. I don't think I have wiped her bum since, or unclogged any other toilets.
Also, today we were going to the airport. I asked her if she needed help buckling her seat belt. She told me no and that she was four. She also told me that four-year-olds can buckle their own belts. Then when we stopped, she unbuckled her belt and came up to the front. She said that four-year-olds could unbuckle their belts, too.
One other funny from Claire... We were getting ready to leave the house this morning and she made it to the car before I saw her (we were taking four people to the airport and looking for missing coats, and loading the luggage). When I finally saw her in the car, I noticed that her hair had not been combed - it was a mess - a big rat's nest. I asked her who did her hair, and said, "It definitely wasn't me." Then each of her aunts in turn said, "It wasn't me." Claire piped up and said, "It must have been me then!" We all just chuckled.
3 comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe she's four. Are you glad you're done wiping bums until Brett gets old and is in need of your assitance? =)
I figured out that I spent more than 10 years changing diapers, and nearly 11 wiping other people's bums.
Isn't that a joyful thought.
I miss you guys. and all the Claire-isms
:)
Post a Comment