31 March 2008

It's Raining, It's Sleeting, now it is SNOWING!

We were just about free and clear of all of the snow in our yard. Spring has sprung (or at least started to). We woke up one morning last week with a dusting of snow on the ground, and Eli wasn't too excited about it. He complained that it wasn't very funny to have most of the snow gone and then wake up and have snow on the ground. I told him that mother nature has a sense of humor, and that she thinks it is funny.

Today, however, I was sitting on the floor drying Claire's hair. The telephone rang. I answered it. My friend asked what time kindergarten was letting out. I said, "What?" She repeated her question. I asked, "Am I missing something?" She told me that she was at her elementary school and they were dismissing early. I told her that I hadn't been paying attention to the news, and was unaware. I went into the kitchen and turned on the radio. The announcer said that the school was letting out at 11:00, and it was currently 10:47, that was only 13 minutes away. I called my friend back and told her.

So, after having family here for a week + and then having to substitute the next day, teach the next two, do youth activities on Saturday, and leave for meetings at 10 a.m. on Sunday not to return until 6:30 p.m., I was looking forward to having this Monday to myself (with Claire here with me of course). I guess I have a work force now. Emily is home and the boys will be home soon.

Yes, it is snowing. There is a lot of ice on the road because of the rain that was happening earlier today, the sleet that happened a little while ago, and the snow that is happening now.

It looks like we are inside today!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

the grass is always greener...over here, anyway!! sorry to rub it in...but I was just in NE for a few weeks and it's all dead and brown (thankfully, no snow), and I get home and the grass is a deep luscious green, the flowers are blooming...ahhhh. so nice.

Amanda said...

generally people don't post something new because nothing new is going on...does that mean it's still raining, sleeting, and snowing?
;)