and this is what it is...
I love the smell of bread rising, and I love the smell of bread baking. Of course I love the taste of the bread. What I love more is the sound of family and friends gobbling it up, and what I love most is the sight of the satisfied smiles as they do so.As I mentioned, it started raining yesterday, and it hasn't let up. Our sump pump is working overtime.
I have my window cracked, and it is truly peaceful to hear the rain fall on the rooftops, and the leaves, and the windows, and the roads, and the...
Today the children waited in the garage for the bus to come. Emily started out down at the "stop," but soon came and found refuge. Claire and Eli joined her in the garage.

looking out the garage

the rain in our driveway
When they saw the bus, they decided to venture out. The girls chose to use their umbrellas. Instead of pushing them all the way up, they just held them up so that they would be easier to close.
Eli on the other hand, is too cool to use an umbrella (actually he thinks the dome umbrella is too childish - I think if he had a "real" umbrella he would use it), so he waited a few seconds longer and then dashed out to the bus.This weather causes me to want to make soup and bake some more. Who knows what senses I will use today!



4 comments:
Ummm where is my bread?????? hehe just kidding!
DMDA; I think if I had some good home baked Bread again as I did when growing up , I would probably gain some Pounds.
One of our favorite "Suppers" was fresh baked bread, Lots of homemade butter and jam ( Usually Plum, Rasberry, or Apple butter)
Gramma Clarisy ( Mothers Mother) Would Twist the Ends of the loaf before Baking so it would break off while still hot, and not needing to be cut.
your bread rose A LOT better than mine did!! LOL!!
I love how you mentioned how peaceful the rain is. Washingtonian at heart!!
Amber - I had A LOT more time to let is rise than you did.
Post a Comment