12 June 2008

Flood Fun

We had a flood in town one night, and the day following, the boys had a friend over. There was a big water/mud puddle in the back yard, and the boys decided to play baseball. Before they played baseball, they decided to play in the garden patch (still not planted), and they sunk to their knees. When I went out to help them clean off, I realized that the hose was not at this house. We had taken the hose to the other house to clean out the gutters, and we left it there. Lucky for us we have a sump pump, and the boys got to hose off in the ground water (very cold). They had a blast playing outside in the mud. Oh - when they were playing baseball, they decided that the big puddle was second base, and they slid into and through and past second almost every time. Even the neighbor boy decided to come over and "dive in."

Here we have a bridge in town, and this shows how high the water got.


This is a covered bridge out at the nature center, and the water level is normally about three feet below the bottom of the bridge.

3 comments:

Misty said...

very fun. reminds me of the soccer days...practicing diving headers in the mud

Anonymous said...

Hey...I've crossed that bridge. How long did it rain?

Dawn said...

It didn't actually rain for very long. It started on Wednesday night about 9:00 p.m. and on Thursday morning the rain had stopped and things were flooded. In fact, if you didn't know there was a flood, the weather certainly didn't indicate it on Thursday, it was beautiful. I had to drive through a flooded area of the freeway to take Caleb to swimming (which had been canceled and I didn't even know there was a flood until I was on my way). The water was at least a foot deep. YIKES!