07 June 2008

I Did It

I cannot tell a lie... I chopped down the tree.

The other day I decided that our tree needed to come down. I went out with the only tool I had for the job, and it was not an ax or a hatchet. It took a very long time, and I wanted to quit (However, once I started the project, I knew that I couldn't stop, especially when the tree had some major cuts in it. I could just image me stopping, leaving the tree damaged, and then having a giant storm with some major winds; then the wind would blow the tree I had been working on, and it would fall over and seriously injure someone or something. I couldn't have that on my conscience.), but I continued until the job was finished. After the tree fell, Eli and I cut off the loose branches. Emily helped to take pictures of the event.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Dawn! You're the next Paul Bunyan!!!

Misty said...

you are the woman! you cut down that tree with THAT!? I'm impressed