18 July 2008

Memory Tag

I got this off my friends blog and thought it might be fun, plus it gives me a chance to find out how many people actually read my blog :)

1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

oooh, I'm the first, lots-o-pressure...

Okay, I've got lots of memories. And they all fit into a time frame of 14 months! You were pretty much the first person to befriend me when we moved in (really befriend me, not just talk to me because I was there) and you were the last person I saw when we left! How could I pick just one memory? I distinctly remember you inviting me to the brunch and really making me feel welcome/included even though I had no kids, ah, then there's my birthday party and the baseball games, and swimming and IKEA and the zoo and you riding my bike around the block and cub scouts, and "making" me do my visiting teaching. I think what stands out most is that you care (not just about me) and it's sincere.

Thanks for being my friend (and for telling me you think my baby's cute!)! ;)

Nessa said...

Hey- just recently one of my good memories is Denni's birthday party. I don't know when I have laughed that hard! Between coming up with the awards for the kids (Eli's Most Graceful), and the sign you made for me while I was nursing Finn...my ab muscles were sore from lughing so much!

Misty said...

sadly, i don't remember you holding me in my dark room until I went to sleep. I think that i was probably too little.

I remember you always being crazy. Fun-crazy but crazy none the less. Your personality is something that I've always admired and hope to be able to emulate in some small way.

Also, I remember coming out to visit where several things happened (not necessarily totally related to you): I was asked if I needed directions to YW, it was insanely cold but I promised to play outside at 29 degrees, Emily was convinced there were 2 Misty's based on how I wore my hair, and when you dropped me off at the airport Em was sleeping but she tried to hand me some imaginary thing. I pretended to take it and she fell back asleep! =)

Heather said...

What about all your crazy clothes. Yellow pants with black splotches, crazy stripped pants as well just to name a few. You had some crazy clothes, but even still you were not a nerd, and although most people would have been made fun of, I don't think you ever were.

Unknown said...

The park on Mother's Day. Swing and talking. Good day.

Anonymous said...

Probably the time I called you up on a Sunday afternoon and asked if you had the movie "The Singles Ward," then proceded to show up at your house with all of the singles in the ward requesting to watch the movie in your basement...of course you said "Yes" and fed us punch and treats. Later we passed out a activity sheet asking people to host the singles in their homes. You guys volunteered and we played LDS style Family Feud. You guys ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

When you and Lisa and I drove through a bad snow storm to go shopping and to dinner for your birthday. You guys both bought the best hooker boots ever for $15 a pair, but alas.... they had none in my size.... still it was fun. And hey i actually have a blog now :) s

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I remember how you took me out to lunch with Claire and Emily when we first moved to Minnesota. And then you took me around town to help me find a job! That was so nice of you. I was very impressed with how you treated Claire and Emily, and I often refer to how loving and disciplined you are with your kids when Jeremy and I talk about our future children. :-)