This was one of the best Halloween nights ever. I picked the children up from school and then we went to Brett's work. The children went from cubical to cubical and got way too much candy. After that we went to the mall and they all danced. Following the dancing at the mall, Brett and I sat in the center court while the children went around trick-or-treating. When we were done there, we took one of Caleb's friends with us and went and picked up another friend. We went to Arby's and got some sandwiches, came home, ate "dinner," and then gave the children a safety lecture, ie. stay together, don't go in anyone's house or car, don't eat any candy until you get home, don't run across the street, say thank you, etc.
Finally, we sent them out the door - all six of them, with a cell phone and a, "Have Fun!" wish. Brett and I were home alone!
Finally, we sent them out the door - all six of them, with a cell phone and a, "Have Fun!" wish. Brett and I were home alone!
They took Claire to about 10 houses and then brought her back so they could go to more houses and not worry about her. She sat on a stool in front of the door and watched for visitors.When the children got home, they dumped their candy in the middle of the floor, and then we sorted it. Brett was the most excited. He was giddy. Halloween is his favorite holiday of the year.
After the sorting the children went upstairs and started throwing their glow bracelets off of the banister. Brett made a game of it and started giving away candy and then he even put a $5.00 bill out and told them if their bracelet landed on the money - it was theirs.
In the middle of the game, one of Caleb's friend's mom came to get her. The mom and little brother joined in the game and tried to win the money.
I think they were worn out. Everyone except Claire fell asleep in the living room. It was a great evening.

Caleb asleep with a bag on his head - I don't know why.
Eli asleep on the couch.
Emily fast asleep.

4 comments:
sounds like fun!
i love the picture on the potty!
What a fun time of life for your family! I know that ten-fifteen years from now they will be talking about this Halloween and that money game with their newly wed spouse. I know so because that's what Jeremy and I did for Halloween! All we did was reminisce and watch a movie since there really isn't much for a newlywed couple to do in an apt complex in a mostly older person ward. So is life!
send the reeses my way! MMMM!
btw-did I mention i still think they are too young to go out by themselves. :)lol!
Post a Comment