For Emily's seventh birthday we told her that we would allow her to get her ears pierced. Brett told her that she would have to wait until she was 12, but since I got mine pierced when I was seven, I thought I would use the same timeline for her.
It was quite the process to get her to the mall. Getting her dressed and then trying to put her hair up was an ordeal, especially since she is very tired due to late nights at grandma's. When we got to the mall, we went and bought pajamas first. Then we started the "hunt" for the store to do her ears.
While we were there we noticed that they did ear piercing. We also saw Claire's favorite store across from this one - "CLAIRE'S" and they did ear piercing. We checked prices and decided on the pink store "CLUB LIBBY LU." We got her all set up, and she was a champ. She chose her earrings, sat in the chair, and didn't even flinch. Now she has a couple of extra holes in her head.
Just a note - Claire left very disappointed... she thought she should get her ears pierced, too. We told her that should could get her ears pierced when she was seven. She wants to come to grandma's house and get them pierced at the same store Emily did (that will be an expensive ear piercing).
4 comments:
Dad said you were 8 when you got your ears pierced! =)
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Enjoy your time in Vegas, and don't let all the cousins skinny dip together! =)
How'd you get your ears pierced at 7? The rule for Amber and I was 8.
Yeah--I am pretty sure it was 8. Unless you totally cheated. which I wouldn't put that past you! hahaha!!!
I went back and read my journal entries, I was eight when I got my ears pierced.
Post a Comment