03 November 2008

Road Rash


One Sunday I was ready to leave church. We were missing Claire. Caleb went back into the church to find her. I was sitting in the car with Eli and Emily. They decided to take off down the edge of the parking lot and go collect nuts from a tree. They left as Caleb was coming out of church with Claire. Caleb came directly to the car while Claire went to the tree with the other monkeys. I was tired of waiting (it took me a while to get them out of the church to the car) so I decided to start driving away. Emily saw us first and started running. Eli and Claire saw us and they started running, too. I drove a little ways away, and finally let Emily in. I looked back and Eli and Claire were walking pretty slowly. When they got to the car, Claire was nursing a bloody nose as best she could without any tissues (basically letting it drip in front of her and on her as she walked to the car). Claire was crying and Eli was trying to comfort her. I let them in the car and started nursing Claire while I found out the rest of the story.
Claire was having a hard time keeping up so Eli decided to give her a piggy-back ride. BAD IDEA! He started running and fell. Claire took a tumble and landed head/face first on the ground. It gave her a bloody nose which was slightly crooked and road rash on her head. OOPS!
Everyone felt bad about what happened and we had a good discussion about choices and consequences.

1 comment:

Amber said...

give that darling girl a smooch for me. :)