21 November 2008

School & Sunburns


We went to Grandma Asay's class today.  We met her for lunch and then we played with the students.  Shortly after we got to the classroom for lunch, Mrs. Asay had to go and pick up her class from lunch.  When they got back, Mrs. Asay introduced Caleb, Eli, Emily, & Claire to her class.  One of the little boys in her class read the class a story, and then the class had to go to art.  We sat with grandma for a little while and then we went to the book fair.  It was a stinky library.  Not a bad stick, but a major candle stink.  When we got back to the classroom, Caleb was talking to the students about being in 6th grade.  He was answering their questions and really engaging them.  It was cute to see.  Grandma let all of the children read to her class and then we went outside for a few minutes.  When we came back in we did centers.  Claire was in charge of the magnet center, Emily was in charge of a building/estimate the number of block in your building center, Caleb was in charge of an estimation center (how many ________ in the jar), and Eli was in charge of a math facts center.  I think everyone enjoyed it.
Before we went to the school, I let the children play outside.  They were in and out of the pool & hot (cold) tub.  They were playing on a raft and trying not to get wet.  It was fun to be outside.  I was lounging on the chair working on my suntan.  I got a little bit of color, and we were only outside for 30 minutes. 

Am I a bad parent if I allow my children to go skinny dipping?  They took off their suits last night after playing in the hot tub and then jumped in the pool... =D

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Once my mom on a camping trip and my aunt and my grandmother were all talking about skinny dipping. My best friend has come with me on this trip and we starting talking about how we had never done it before. So my MOM and my aunt and grandmother said well it is dark you two should go do it in the lake...And we did....and the story goes on! So do I think you are a bad mom? NO I think it is better you tell them to do it now so that they have the experience rather than doing it later with a teen of the opposite sex...... haha!! Glad to see you are so busy and tell Em the ears look so pretty!!!

Amber said...

what a fun filled trip. I can't believe that was the first time they saw the ocean, what a foreign concept for us. LOL!!