The children started school today. I think the skies are sad. It was a cold, windy morning. It is fifty-five degrees and winds at 31 miles per hour. It makes for a cold morning.
We didn't do anything fun for breakfast, Caleb and Eli had oatmeal, because it sticks with them all day.

The girls had cereal because I didn't want to argue.
It has been a tradition that I take a picture of the children with the number of fingers up for the grade they are in...


Because it was a little chilly, the children waited in the garage. Then they started admiring the "bike."
They lined up their bags so that the bus driver would be able to see that there were children waiting.
The bus was about 10-15 minutes late - probably from all of those crazy camera carrying parents who needed pictures on the first day of school.
They all heard the bus, so they decided to line up.
The bus arrived, and they all went and got on.
Not one of them looked back and waved good-bye. I am getting exactly what I wanted, independent children, but a wave or an "I love you!" would have been nice.
6 comments:
Thank you--that is so cute. I couldn't get the video to work, however. I will try again. They all look very nice in their school clothes. Claire's dress is beautiful. I hope they have a fun day. As far as not looking back and saying good bye----this is JUST the beginning------
YAY!!! for school starting! S almost wore the same skirt as Claire. :) My kids all looked back, but only because I made them for pictures!
Re: the 'wave' and the I love you's...I no longer hold my breath and am thankful that they haven't killed one another yet!...only half kidding here!
Caleb rides the same bus as the others? That's nice.
They all look so cute in their pictures.
I always take mine into school the first day and try to hit all of their classes. This year, I only made it to April's. The others quickly went to their own. :(
Actually, Caleb leaves a half hour earlier than the others.
I was confused a little bit since there were 4 children getting on the bus.
Post a Comment