24 September 2010

Fall Floods

Yesterday started out like this -

...and today started out like this -

Last night I checked the school district web site, and I noticed that school was cancelled. I told the children and went to bed. They stayed up and watched a show on hulu.

I got up early and went around town to see what the rain had done. Saying there is a lot of water out there is an understatement.

Stop sign on 1st Ave. & 4th Street (SE?)

Gas station (same location)

library park

nature center

random clothesline by Ellis

Skinner's Hill

I got out before there were too many people looking. I took pictures everywhere I went. To see the complete album go to http://gallery.me.com/dawn.asay/100386

I did hear that 2 of the 3 creeks in town have peaked and the waters are receding. That is good news.

P.S. We are fine at our house.

4 comments:

Amber said...

HOLY COW!!! I hope you guys are safe!!

Misty said...

crazy! did you go out in your boat to get all of those pictures! =) Glad you guys are fine!

Dawn said...

Misty, we don't have a boat, and shhh, or Brett will think he needs one to go with his motorcycle.

meredith said...

Was the stop sign picture by CLC? I took a picture there this afternoon and the stop sigh was gone. Only the hydrant remained.

Nice job on your pics.