23 January 2013

...That's What We Do

Last winter Caleb joined the HS swim team again.  He did very well.  He became the #1 person to swim the backstroke, and he got to go to sections (a meet to qualify for state) in the 100 yard backstroke and in the 200 yard medley relay, where he swam the backstroke.  I think he even swam the 200 yard individual medley.  It was almost a year ago, so I don't have a full recollection.  Here are some pictures of one of his home meets.
getting ready for the backstroke
BANG
and he's off

swimming the backstroke
swimming the relay (I'm so glad our team doesn't do speedos)

Breaststroke in the IM

One of my favorite start pictures of a member of his team.
 Caleb had a lot of fun, and he did very well.

Quick story about the section meet.  The night before the meet, they had a pasta party.  On the way home I was talking to Caleb and he was saying how his friend was really nervous.  He was kind of making fun of his friend.  I asked him how he was doing and he told me he was fine, not really nervous.  I proceeded to make him nervous by saying something to the effect of, "How do you feel knowing that you will be the first person on your team to be in the water racing?"  Apparently he hadn't thought of that, because he looked at me and said, "THANKS MOM!"

Just doing what I can to help...
at the section meet - I think it was backstroke finals

2 comments:

Papa said...

Tell Caleb that I am proud of him. He is following in the footsteps of my (HOLT) kids. Karen holds an unbroken Championship at the old Delta pool; Your Mother, Judy , won 2 ed place with the longest timed 200 yd Backstroke at the Ute Indian meet at Towak in So. Colo. She took over 4 minutes. There were only Two Entrants so she leisurely paddled along talking to the Judge all the time; Karen and Larry both loved the Butterfly, Judy , Back and Breast. They all swam in almost every relay at all meets including Freestyle. I have a whole Drawer full of Medals and Ribbons They won.

Misty said...

Way to be, Dawn. Go and make your kid nervous! Ha! I'm glad he did well and enjoyed himself. I'm also a little glad he doesn't have to wear a speedo!