23 April 2009

OLD TOYS

Yesterday I went to a rummage sale and I bought two old tape recorders.  The children are amazed by it.  I taught Caleb how to use it last night, and this morning I heard him while he was showing Eli how to use it.  He said something like, "Eli, you've gotta see this.  It is really cool."  Then he recorded himself.  They were singing into it and now the girls are sitting on the couch laughing at their voices that they just recorded.

It is the same type of things we were entertained by 30 years ago.

Oh, the simplicity of it all.  Oh, how it stimulates their imagination.  I think it was a good investment!

4 comments:

Amber said...

definitely a good investment! Can you not buy those in stores anymore??

Amber said...

oh and are you blogging from your NEW computer. :)

Dawn said...

Yes from my new computer.

I don't know if you can still buy them. It has provided HOURS of fun, with the recording and then the listening.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

That is so fun. Sometimes it's surprising how easily children can be entertained. We think that we have to give them the fanciest, most expensive things, and usually they are just enticed by the bubble wrap that the product comes in.

I'm glad your kids will be able to appreciate tape recorders when they are older!