10 December 2009

Blizzard!

We had our first real snow storm yesterday. This is what greeted us in the morning.

Our best snow drift.
Brett went out and started shoveling. I decided that after I snapped a picture I would go out and join him. It took a little while, but we finally dug out. Brett said that he will be buying a snowblower this year. We will see, especially since the children are getting old enough to really help out.
We stayed up late on Tuesday night and watched a movie. We knew there would not be any school, so no one had to get up early to check. Everyone could sleep in.

After shoveling, Brett came in and had breakfast. He had cereal and hot chocolate.

Cheers!

I tried to snap a picture of each child within minutes of their appearance to the main part of the house.

Caleb was up first.

Eli was next, and the light was bothering his eyes. He kept sneezing.

Emily with her ever present smile!

Claire, my little cheerful bear.

After waking up early with Brett to make sure my preschool information was still on the news (no preschool) and helping to shovel the driveway, the call of my pillow was just too great.
Back in bed!

The children examining the effects.

This snow day brought several activities. Caleb started with a book, but soon abandoned it. Claire curled up in my bed and started drawing pictures. There was shoveling, cleaning, playing, etc.

Claire and her masterpiece.

Emily & Eli unburying the grill and then coving it.

Claire cleaning the mirror.

Eli showing his handiwork.

Emily burying Caleb in the window well.

Caleb peeking his head out.

Em shoveling.

Caleb shoveling.

I don't know if we will get a snowblower this year. The children are getting very helpful when it comes to snow removal. They did a great job shoveling out where the snow plow threw a mountain of snow in our driveway.

5 comments:

Misty said...

I hate when the slow plows do that! However, in our neighborhood they just don't push the roads.

I love caleb's foggy glasses! =)

joyce said...

so cute but soooooooo cold looking--the kids look darling-brett looks a little dis-shoveled!

Dane said...

That little Claire bear put a big smile on my face, like sunshine on a stormy day! I hope you enjoyed your nap.

I'm bummed to have missed out on a blizzard--McD's don't come close. I'm gonna pout.

:)

Papa said...

DMDA; Surprise, I woke Up to about 10 inches of snow too. But it did not blow just saat there waiting to be molested. I held off until three guys with shovels came along, then I let them have it.

Stayed inside for two days, but ventured out today, I was getting hungary.

Amber said...

Glad it is you and not me. :) Although, I am having fond memories of my time with you guys last year. I am going to have to start thinking about when I can come visit again. LOL!