While having a conversation after lunch today, Brett was assigning family home evening assignments. Emily didn't really like her "job." The conversation went like this...
Emily: "I don't like my job."
Brett: "Sometimes I don't like my job, but I still have to do it."
Emily: "Just call in and tell them you are sick."
Brett: "That would be lying."
Claire: "It works for Squidward." (maybe she has watched Sponge Bob a few too many times)
At the dinner table the children were kissing up to Brett because he had plans to pay allowance and give bonuses tonight, and he got tired of being the one in the spotlight. He changed the focus to me for a minute and then to Caleb. Eli was throwing compliments at Caleb left and right. Caleb was a little embarrassed and told Eli to stop a couple of times. Eli said, "Give me a break, I'm trying to make a living here." He was working to get his $ up there.
We were working with the children and going through their bank books. Brett was reminded of the money he paid the boys to take down the fence, and he asked when they were going to finish the job and pull out all of the fence posts. They told him it wasn't in their contract. There was a little discussion about what the job was, and Caleb finally ended it by saying, "I didn't sign anything."
We sang Silent Night as a family tonight, and Emily came into the kitchen singing it later. Her version was slightly different. Instead of singing "holy infant so tender and mild" she sang, "holy imbecile."
It is fun to hear their thoughts. It is fun to capture a few of them.
5 comments:
You gotta love Spongebob.
I love your kids!!! Give them all SQUEEZES for me. :)
those are pretty funny...
I also like how I told Eli to stop kissing the girls at school (because of his strep throat) and he said, "Don't count on it!" I expected him to be young enough to be completely mortified that I would even joke about something like that...but his reaction was WAY better!
I loved this post! Good to catch up on all your happenings. :)
I love your family so much!! I wish I was there to have seen all that!!
Post a Comment