L_ _ _ _ _ _, the L_ _ _ L _ _ _ of L_ _ _ _ _ _ on the L_ _ _!

On December 3rd we hosted some young men from the Czech Republic. They stayed down in Emily & Claire's room. I put on clean bedding for the boys, and when they left I had took off the bedding and had to put sheets back on the beds for the girls. This would not normally be a "task" that had to be planned. Since I only have two sets of sheets for each bed, and since I was without a dryer, it did take some planning.
On December 1st, I had some luck with a load of whites. I put them out on the line, and even though it was cold (in the 20's), it was windy enough that they dried.
Well, Friday morning the skies were clear, even though there was snow on the ground, so I thought, "I'll give it a try." So I hung out the load of sheets. There was a little breeze, so that helped. I substituted at the preschool and then went to Claire's school to help make gingerbread houses, and when I got home there were light flurries (very light). I went out and the flat sheets were dry so I brought them in. The fitted sheets were a little crunchy around the elastic edges, so I stretched them out a little more and left them out a little longer. When the flurries picked up, I brought them in and spread them out inside. They did get dry, and the girls had clean sheets.
My blog title would have been:
LUCKILY, the LAST LOAD of LAUNDRY on the LINE!
2 comments:
Yeah, I was no where close, lol. So does last load mean you're getting a dryer? Or just going dirty? :)
Got a dryer. Dirty might be nice, too, though.
Post a Comment