20 December 2009

Peter Pan

This year, instead of doing the Nutcracker, the children's dance company did Peter Pan. They had two shows. In the first show Caleb was Peter Pan, Eli was a lost boy and a pirate, Emily was a mermaid, and Claire was a faerie.

They all did an excellent job. In the scene in the bedroom, Caleb, as Peter Pan, almost made me cry because it was simple and beautiful. He did a great job connecting with his counterparts, Wendy and Tinkerbell. They nailed it. It was also the first time I had seen it.

During the second show Claire was a faerie again, Emily was the mermaid princess, Eli was Captain Hook and a lost boy, and Caleb was a Native.


Again, they all did fabulously. Emily was so regal in her dancing. She really took her role seriously. Claire was beautiful. She is a little leader when she is on the stage. Caleb had a ton of energy in his dance jumping around. Eli, well, he plays his part. He made a grand entrance by hobbling on the stage, and he made a grand exit by being killed by Peter Pan, dying, falling to the ground, losing his hook, quickly grabbing his hook, and dragging his dying self off the stage.

I love to watch these four perform. They do very well, and they seem to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. That got my little heart racing--they are so adorable, and I bet they were just smashing on stage! Soooo cute. I wanna hug 'em! -Dana

Amber said...

:) so cute! I am sure they all did well! give them all hugs from me! :)