18 November 2010

Media & Technology

Today I was able to watch a few different shows. I used netflix and also hulu. It is fun to be able to catch old episodes of popular television shows and movies. This is just the beginning.



There are so many ways to stay connected with people and information. It is amazing to think about what is available to us. When I was in college, and I wanted to talk to my parents, I would pick up the telephone and call, using a calling card, and we would talk for a little while. I think I only called about every other week. Then I would end up paying a pretty price for the call. I was also able to write letters, and then I would put them in the mail; and I would wait for a reply.





Now a days, that is not the case. I had someone upset one evening because I did not respond to her email that she sent out that morning. If I want to talk to someone, I can call them right away, it doesn't matter where I am. If I try to call my parents, I think between work, home, and cell phones, there are about seven or eight numbers to call. My family has four numbers based out of our home.





It is mind-boggling to think of the changes that have happened in the last 20 years. I cannot even fathom the changes that will happen in the next 20 years.







I am thankful for media and technology that helps me keep in touch with my family and friends. I am thankful for the simplicity of communication. I am thankful for the ease in getting information. It is a blessing that we need to guard.

1 comment:

Papa said...

DMDA; Again I say that you have expressed wonders, How ever I Must, (by copying your last paragraph), point out two truths that everyone should be aware.

the simplicity of communication

It is a blessing that we need to guard and not take for granted.

GH