20 January 2013

Welcome Home

In November we made our move.


When we came for a visit, we decided to get Caleb his permit.  He had studied the manual, and he took several practice tests on the iPad.  He only missed one on his written test, and he got his permit! 



The house we are renting had been vacant for a little while, and it is surrounded by fields.  We had a few extra friends here when we moved in.  This was our first of about one dozen little rodents.


Before our truck got here, this is how we lived.  We lived out of boxes and stuff all over the place.




We went to the local furniture store and we bought some beds.  I guess we were there for a little too long...

Eli fell asleep on the couch while we were shopping.








3 comments:

Steve said...

Hey there Dawn. Just a comment to let you know I am enjoying your blog and reading about you guys settling in.

Also, just an FYI. If you switch to plastic mouse traps, you can reuse them. According to a marketing survey I read while taking an executive ed course at the U of M, the most common way to clean them for reuse is washing them in the dishwasher. Just in case you wanted to know... Still gives me the heebee jeebees when I think about that...

Hi to everyone from me.

Steve

Misty said...

Haha. Eli!

Dawn said...

Steve- GROSS! We actually have some "jaws" type of traps that you just pinch to open them, and we have reused them. I don't think I will put them in my dishwasher though.