23 July 2009

Cha - Ching

Brett owes me $1000. This morning the scale tipped below 150 lbs.

Three months ago, before summer officially started, Brett asked me how much weight I was going to lose this summer. I told him I didn't know. He told me to make a goal. My goal was 2 pounds. I knew I could do it. I guess he had different ideas for me.

A little later that day we were talking to my sister about health, exercise, and weight loss. She was just starting P90x and was getting heart healthy. She had also changed the family eating habits (no white bread, lots of fruits and vegetables, and healthy snacks). Brett asked her how much she wanted to lose, and she told him. He thought I should be able to lose 30 pounds.

He put a $1000 gift out there for the first one to lose 30 lbs. He also set a final date to achieve it of 25 July 2009, figuring that three pounds a week was very doable.

As of 6:30 a.m. on 23 July 2009, I did it!
(and I feel great)

As a side note - I totally shocked Brett. He knew that I could do it, but he didn't think I would actually go through the motions to lose the weight, and that doubt is expensive.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Outstanding. Some people will think it was easy for you, please punch all of them really hard. Some will say that you are a natually thin person hiding under some extra padding, but is it natural to work your butt of to lose the weight, NO!!!! Weight loss and control is difficult and I am really proud of you. Way to go I hope you spend every cent on yourself.

Nessa said...

Yay! Congrats! You looks great by the way! Keep up the good work and ask Brett how much he'll give you if you set another goal...thin and rich, what could be better!

Ashley said...

Wahoo you made it!!! I am so motivated after this baby comes after watching you....I have worked for years and never found something that works. I am going to try your thing out totally. So what are you going to do with your money?????

meredith said...

Great job!!!!!

Cajsa said...

Maybe if I got $1000 I would be a little more motivated? Probably not, but that's so great for you. I started running to lose my weight and then everything from my hips to my feet all fell apart. it really is heart sickening and depressing, so that is totally awesome for you. Did you do P90X as well?

Dawn said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I did not do the P90x, maybe in another life.

It's not likely that Brett will give another cash incentive to me, he is shocked that I got this one.

I don't know what I will use it all on. I do know that I will head to WA when my little sister has her baby, other than that...?

Papa said...

Dawn; Good for you, and SORRY Brett , PAY UP, and Never Underestimate the WILL of a "HOLT WOMAN". Ask Karen!

I am going to take some of the credit for your success . I believe that the "HOLT GENES" were at work. Your Grandmother HOLT was the most stubborn; Most determined; Lady I Ever Knew, when it came to taking care of her Body.

She, Your Grandmother Holt Exercised Every single day of her life if possible. Even after she had all those Respiration Problems. Even after Her Arthritis made it so she could no walk, it was still a minimum of 1 hour every day! Even on the day she died, She was up at 6:30 AM, and exercised for her hour.

Lv; Grampa Holt

Heather said...

Hey, how come I wasn't offered the reward? I'm happy for you and excited to see you. I bet you and Amber are both in better shape than I am.

Amber said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you did it! Can't wait to see how fantastic you look!! :D and I'll show you me guns! :D

Micah said...

Congratulations Dawn! You've worked hard and you look great.

Misty said...

Hooray! I'm excited for you to come.

Heather - If you lost 30 lbs you would die! =)

I think I've gained 30 lbs since the start of summer, does that count?

I see that gpa checks your blog. He must love you more! =)

Anonymous said...

is there a catch as to how long you have to keep it off? Congrats Dawn :)

Dane said...

That's fabulous, Dawn! Congratulations! :) How exactly did you do it? I'm impressed! I'm changing my diet and starting to exercise--so this is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.