10 July 2009

Blogging 'bout Brett's Blender Blunder

Last night we made strawberry lemonade freezes in the blender.  It was a great success.  The children loved them.
  • 1/2 can frozen lemonade concentrate
  • frozen strawberries to fill the blender
  • juice from 1 lemon
  • about 1 cup of water
  • about 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • blend until smooth
After the freezes we has lemonade concentrate left over, so we made lemonade (in the blender).  We decided to add a couple of strawberries to make it strawberry lemonade.  Brett was in charge of this, and as he was ready to blend it, he decided not to put the lid on.  As he was going to press the button I looked over and made a noise like "EEEEEEE."  He looked at me and then pressed the button anyway.  We had a lemonade explosion.  The children laughed, and Brett cleaned up the mess - mostly.  I think it will be something the children will remember.

3 comments:

Misty said...

that's hilarious! too bad you didn't have your camera in hand so you actually had a picture of Brett's reaction!

meredith said...

that is really funny. we have a story about my mom forgetting to put the lid on the pop corn popper yours is much messier!

Amber said...

I wish I could have seen that!!