25 July 2009

Loads of Laundry

I had a meeting this morning, and when I got home Brett was doing the laundry. Both the washing machine and the dryer were having problems. The washing machine has had problems spinning since we moved in. When it is time to spin, IT DOESN'T. Most of the time it is not a problem to run it through another spin cycle. Today, however, it was having a hard time catching the spin cycle when we tried to re-run it. This frustrated Brett.

Also, when I got home, Brett had to show me what he had done outside. So, I walked outside to see a whole load of jeans/pants on the rail of our back deck. He told me that they take too long to dry, and he didn't want to wait for them in the dryer.

Then the real problem happened. We noticed that we are not getting any heat out of our dryer (yes, we checked to make sure the correct buttons were pushed and it was set to where we really wanted it). As there was no heat coming out, we had to do something. So we did. We took a rope and tied it across the back deck and made a make-shift clothes line.

Emily really enjoyed hanging out the clothes.

... especially the underwear.

We had to hang two more loads out after this, so we ran out of room outside.

So we moved inside (plus, who really wants to air their dirty or clean laundry)...

This is the vacuum cleaner cord. The vacuum is propped up behind our green recliner and tied to a dining room chair (another make-shift clothes line).

5 comments:

Misty said...

wow..that's lots of laundry. hope you guys can get it fixed.

Ashley said...

haha that is a crazy sight!!!! And what an awful thing to have your dryer go out...ugh!!! So does this mean you have to spend your thousand dollars on a new appliance??

meredith said...

This happened to our dryer about 3 years ago. Sadly, it went to dryer heaven. As for the washer, this happened to us a couple of months ago. It sounds like your clutch has slipped. (I know this b/c this is what Sorensen's told me when they fixed it and handed me the bill. )Good luck and I hope all gets sorted out soon.

Amanda said...

hehe, there's a rather nice laundromat near you...near dairy queen and I think McDonalds...can't quite remember. I used to sit there a read a book while the laundry got washed before we got a washer/dryer...but then again, when you've got a set, why would you keep a stash of quarters? anyway. the whites all over the living room are rather funny.
btw, congrats on the weight!

Heather said...

Love it! Sorry you HAD to hang it all though