28 July 2009

Three Sheets to the Wind

Not this type.

These!

Who knew they dry so quickly? In the dryer they get tied in knots and take FOR-EVER to dry. I hung up the purple pillowcase as I started taking down two other loads of laundry. By the time I got done taking down both loads (and I folded them as they came down) and hanging all of the sheets, the purple pillow case was practically dry.

I am very fortunate that my neighbor has an actual clothes line and that she offered to let me use it (a couple of weeks before the dryer went out - I had told her that I want to get a clothes line so that I could hang up some of our laundry). I filled it with the two loads of laundry I did. I did have to invest in some clothes pins, though. I went to Target and bought three packs of fifty each. I opened them one at a time, and yes, I did have to open all of them to hang up the clothes.

1 comment:

meredith said...

nothing is better than sleeping on sheets that dried in the summer sunshine.
I feel for you on the amount of time it takes though- we did it for about5 months and I spent a lot of time hanging up clothes- but yes, by the time the last load was up, the 1st load was usually done... as long at it didn't then rain....