13 July 2009

What is It?

Eli was sick last week. He didn't go to church, and he was home Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday with a fever. He had little energy, and he had no appetite. On Tuesday he started feeling better, but still not 100%. Yesterday I asked him again how he is feeling, and he told me fine. I asked him why he was talking funny and asked if his throat hurt. He told me that one side hurt. I looked in, and this is what I saw.

I thought it might be strep throat, so I took him to get a throat culture.


The throat culture came back negative, so I called and made an appointment to see the doctor.

So, hopefully we will be able to find out what is plaguing our little guy.

Any guesses?


He has a slight cough, a sore throat, a low-grade fever, and this yucky throat. We are off to the doctor.

6 comments:

Natalie Erskine said...

Coxsackie Virus, aka "Hand, Foot, Mouth" Does he have any other white blisters on his hands and feet? Has he felt like throwing up???

Could also be some sort of thrush, but usually that is on the roof of the mouth.

Either way.....yucky!!!!! Keep us posted and hope he feels better soon.

natalie Erskine said...

Oh, and by the way...
I was eating when I pulled this up--not good timing!

Misty said...

Yikes! the first couple pictures looked like something called tonsiloliths (tonsil stones), but that last picture shows it a bit clearer. They almost look like a bunch of canker sores. I hope he gets better soon.

meredith said...

that looks like it REALLY hurts. I hope that Eli is feeling better soon.

Ashley said...

OMG next time you should have some type of disclaimer saying this post is not for pregnant eyes...That is just gross!!! I feel bad for poor Eli though and hope he gets better soon.

Amber said...

disgusting!!! Hope E is better soon!!