08 October 2009

Unintentionally Funny - Laughing out Loud

Yesterday I heard some things said that just made me laugh out loud. The first one was while I was at preschool. The letter of the week is "F" and the teacher was saying the sound and then asking the children if they knew, "any 'F' words." I was at the other side of the room and started laughing out loud. Fortunately for the other teacher, the students are still innocent enough that it was not a bad situation.

Then last night before prayers we went around and said nice things about the person to our left. Brett said things about Eli, then Eli said things about Emily (nice, fun, cute). We told him they were generic and he had to come up with something specific - he did. We continued until we got to Claire. She had to say something nice about Brett. She said he was handsome and smart. Emily blurted out, "Genetic." Claire continued to say nice things about Brett, and I again laughed out loud. I pointed out what was said to Brett, and he laughed out loud. We had to explain to the children the difference between "generic" and "genetic" (besides the one letter difference), and they laughed out loud, too.

Brett then said, "That's something to go on your blog." So, here it is.

3 comments:

meredith said...

I never even thought about "the F word" luckily the kids didn't either. That would have been a pretty bad oops in front of the director and all.......

Natalie Erskine said...

I like the "genetic" comment. Who says his looks and intelligence aren't genetics?!!

Ashley said...

I so totally knew that had to be Meredith who said it and I started laughing out loud just thinking about the situation!!! Seriously funny!