13 September 2008

Claire's Fisrt Days of School


On Claire's first day of school, she insisted on wearing her Santa hat. As you can see, she is carrying her sweatshirt, and she is cold outside. She was a trooper this year. She was at the preschool all last week while I was trying to organize everything for the start of school. She and the other teacher's child played really well together. They felt like they owned the place. I am very impressed with how well they are transitioning to being a member of the class and not just the only two there.Our first day was a lot of fun. We actually had orientations on Monday and Thursday, and the first day of school on Tuesday, the first day of school on Wednesday, and the first day of school on Friday (not Claire or me).

The girls were really good about just doing what they were told. During orientations, there were children who didn't want to leave. I think part of it was because our girls were still able to play. This happened a couple of times, so I walked over to the girls and told them it was time to go. They both stood up, took my hands, and walked out of the room with me. No questions asked. It made it much easier for the other children to leave. Once we had to actually get their bags and sweaters and walk almost out the door. They were little troopers.


This is Claire second first day of school. She is with her friend Claire. Thanks Nessa for the picture. The girls are in the same primary class at church and were in the same school class last year, too.

6 comments:

Misty said...

how fun. claire definitely has her own look, but I also think she's starting to look like emily!

glad your boys found worms and caught fish. i bet they had fun!

Nessa said...

Hey- I actually got credit for the picture...some people (Lisa), never give me any credit (Lisa), and just steal my wonderous pictures off my blog (Lisa) and post them as their own (Lisa)...but, I won't name names!!!!
The girls were so cute last night at the Martin's, and at school, and at dance, and in Primary...wow, they realy do see a lot of eachother!

Ashley said...

Lol what is the story on that Santa hat huh!! You will have to fill me in later. She looks so cute in all her pictures making her traditional silly faces.

Anonymous said...

Dawn! You have a "Mini-Me." She looks exactly like you!

meredith said...

Claire is so much fun. She has been so great with Lily and I love having her in my class. She told me she was so glad that I was her teacher and just melted my heart. She's a sweetie and having her with Claire C. is o much fun. They are joined at the hip :)

Misty said...

i tagged you