27 September 2008
Saved from my Stupidity
One day, I was called to go and pick Caleb up from school. He is playing the cello, and his cello had to be sent in to repair the bridge. Caleb would be bring home another cello to borrow until his came back. So, when I got to the school, I left my friend in the car with her son and Claire. The keys were in the ignition so that they could listen to the music. I didn't remember that the lights were on. Well, I was inside the school for a little longer than I expected, and when I came out... the car was dead. It would not even turn over. I didn't even have jumper cables in my van either. We called my friend's husband - no cables. We asked the man who came out of the building and go into the car right next to us - no cables. I finally called my friend, who told me about three months earlier that I should get jumper cables in my car and that she carries two sets in case she can't get close enough for one set (she was at my house teaching the cub scouts about cars). Well, she laughed at me, and then she came right over to rescue me. As a gift, she gave me one of the sets of jumper cables she had in her car. Since Brett doesn't have cables in his car, I didn't bother to call him, but I know what he will be getting for Christmas.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Haha!! I am glad you posted this story...it reminded me to get some of my own!
glad you were rescued. I think we need to buy a few sets.
hehehe, you've got extra clothes for everyone but not jumper cables! too funny.
Post a Comment