Our visitor has the pallet of a 5 year-old boy. Yesterday we had fish for lunch, and I asked him if he liked fish. He said that he might. Well, the fish was bad - it was cod, and we are not really cod fans. It was rubbery and dry. My family, who normally eat fish, complained about it. Emily and Claire did eat their fish, however, they did have an inch of ketchup on top of it. Our visitor took one bite of fish and then passed it to Claire. After a little while, he said, "I have eaten more fish tonight than I have in the whole seven years of marriage."
We started asking him what type of things he liked. Earlier we talked about it and he told us he had the pallet of a 5 year-old. We asked him about bread, whether he was a wheat bread or a white bread eater. I looked at him, he didn't say anything, but the look on his face said that he is a definitely a white bread eater. I said that and Brett was shocked.
We made omelets for dinner and we called his wife to ask her what was a slight stretch and something that we might be able to push on him but not push him over the edge. She wants him to eat onions.
O.K. for the omelets, we had little bowls with different things in it, onions, peppers, cheddar & pepper jack cheese, and sausage. Our friend just wanted sausage and cheese. Brett & I sauteed some onions & peppers and then we made our omelets. I let our friend have a bite after the onions were cooked and sweet. He didn't really taste them.
He is making dinner tonight for us. We will be having chili - without onions.
No comments:
Post a Comment