06 August 2009

Fishing for the Halibut & Walk-Up Window Service

On Monday morning Brett was unable to go out fishing for the halibut with Huck and Mike because he had a business call he had to make.

After his meeting Brett decided to make an omelet for breakfast. He asked me to be his sous-chef. I didn't realize that meant I would be making the omelets. I ended up making them for Brett and my sisters. Then the children came in and saw that we were having omelets, and they wanted them. We sent them back outside and told them to come to our walk-up window service, to order, and then to stay outside until their food was finished.

Placing their orders.

What kind of juice did you want with that?

When we were ready to start serving them we had Eli say the prayer. He was thankful that we could have breakfast in such a fun way.

My niece S ordered just orange juice, and my other niece April ordered cherries with her meal, without anyone prompting her), and we forgot to put them on her plate. Then, when she got her plate, she asked for her cherries, so we quickly took them to her.

I was able to make omelets for all of the children, and they will hopefully remember they got to order their own omelets with what they wanted on them.

No comments: