19 August 2009

Nothing to Do Today

Well, almost nothing to do. Caleb did have a cello lesson.


Our day started out slow. I got up as Brett was going to work, and I was alone until about 8:00. The children slowly started emerging from their bedrooms and making their way into the living room. I got a late start on laundry, and didn't get it hung out on the line until about 10 a.m. With rain in the forecast, I was taking a chance.

A little after 11, we headed out the door to Caleb's
cello lessons. It started drizzling. We went and dropped him off, and then turned right around to come home and pull the wash off the line. Eli, Emily, and Claire all helped. Laid the laundry all over my couches. Then we went back to pick Caleb up. We went to lunch, shopping (Caleb got a new bookshelf), and then home.

We put together Caleb's book shelf. The boys cleaned up their rooms. I traded desks with Caleb. I moved my computer upstairs because I have an addiction problem (I feel like I need to be on my computer every time I pass it - and with it being in the dining room, I would pass it a lot). I started organizing (AKA: de-junking) the children's craft supplies. We finished all of the dishes - including all of the hand wash ones.

The children had a lot of outdoor time - even with the rain. Eli and Emily found out who their teachers will be. They made some telephone calls and some house calls to see which friends were in their classes. Caleb had scouts and Brett went to work on a merit
badge with him. I prepared a bunch of papers for Brett to use, since it was last minute and he came directly home from work and had no time. While they were gone, I continued to de-junk different areas of the house - no one would be able to tel
l because it is all over the house, and Eli, Emily, and Claire played outside until Brett & Caleb came home about 8:30 p.m.

We had everyone get ready for bed, read scriptures, said prayers, and then I got to read to the children. I read this book that Emily got at the library for reading this s
ummer:
It is a cute story.

I am reading this book to the boys:
As I am reading it, I realized that I don't think I've read it before. I thought I had, but it isn't familiar. We stopped at a troubling place last night, and the boys didn't want me to stop. Hopefully it will get better.

So that is a day where we have nothing to do. I loved it. Most of the rest of the summer will be like this, so my house may end up being clean before the children go back to school.

8 comments:

Nessa said...

So, where Do you live...it CAN'T be MN, afterall I've seen your forms from Woodson! :)

Natalie Erskine said...

My web isn't showing the pictures of the books you're reading. What are the titles?

meredith said...

So, did you feed them dinner? It didn't appear in your list and I'm just wondering if anyone got fed lol

Misty said...

You don't have much summer left do you? You were very productive. Me, it's 10:00 and I just got up (for the second time) I tend to only sleep for a couple hours at a time and then I'm awake in the middle of the night for a while.

Anyhow - good for you. I need to stay off the computer as well! =) Off to do dishes and clean up down stairs. I figure if I can at least keep our down stairs clean, I'm doing alright! =)

Amber said...

good for you! I am going through my magazine collection. :D and cutting out what I want to keep. My little bits and pieces of inspiration. If I can tackle my magazines I will be well on my way to dejunking. :D

Amber said...

Oh, and I can't see the books either.

Dawn said...

Yes, we had leftover pizza for dinner.

We have about three weeks of summer left.

The books are on there now.

Went to the preschool today - got nothing done around the house.

Ashley said...

I like this part of summer....nothing much planned but living day to day. That seemed like what we did last summer but this summer so far has been super busy!!! I guess this means we can start having BBQs, smores on the fire, and game nights now? I think they are long over due and Noah has committed to getting off the computer to join us now on.

See you soon!