Several weeks ago we had an enrichment meeting on the following message:
I came home and shared it with Brett, and we have been thinking about it since. It is a fabulous message, and we all benefit from creating... whether we create it ourselves or someone else creates something.
There is a young man from our ward who is going to be getting married this fall, and someone CREATED this video of their engagement photo shoot. I think about them creating an eternal family, creating a new life together, and creating fun, exciting memories. Following his story has been inspiring.
I decided that I wanted to create something for my girls, but I didn't want to put too much money or effort into it. I realized I have buckets full of material, I found a tutorial, and off I went. Here is what I came up with.

Easy to make three-tiered skirts.

Claire modeling her skirt.

Emily modeling her skirt.
I made Emily's yesterday, and ran out of the plaid. Emily wore her skirt all day, and then got up and put it on. I found a coordinating color for Claire's skirt and started working on it when I woke up this morning. She came into the sewing room, groggy from sleep, with a smile on her face because she knew I was working on her skirt. I showed her the different material, and she was pleased.
Both of my girls are wearing their skirts today, and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Claire's tiers:
1st = two strips 18” x 8”
2nd = two strips 27” x 6.25”
3rd = two strips 40.5" x 6.25” or three strips 27" x 6.25"
Emily's tiers:
1st = two strips 20.25” x 9”
2nd = two strips 30.5” x 7.25”
3rd = two strips 45.75” x 7.25” or three strips 30.5" x 7.25"
Just a side note: Emily can wear Claire's skirt. It is just a little shorter and tighter.
4 comments:
those are cute! i bought a sewing machine but haven't ever used it. i don't think i even have needles right now for it! =)
I like that you are still doing your laundry outside...you'll have to let me know how freeze drying goes in the winter! =)
I am thoroughly impressed!!! This is one thing I cannot create (anything from a sewing machine haha)
I love that you put your measurements because now I can make some for my girls and just go off your measurements :P
Those are darling!! What a great creator you are. Thanks for sharing the message with us.
Post a Comment