08 November 2009

My Mom Always Said,

"If you play with the big kids, you have to take the hard knocks."


Yesterday, all FIVE of the children living in my house decided to play. There were "kids" of all shape and size. They were all having fun ganging up on Brett.

It is too bad that this scene:
always ends with this scene,
and this one,
and this one,
and this one,
and especially this one.
Everyone enjoyed themselves, until they got hurt. Even that didn't stop some of them for long. After the hurt stopped, they were right back in the pile for more.

The funny thing about this is that it isn't the first time I have seen this happen, nor will it be the last. Some people never learn, and some things never change. I know because it happened to me when I was growing up, too.

7 comments:

Misty said...

I love that all your kids look to be upset except for Eli! =)

I definitely remember that saying!

Amber said...

I tell my kids that all the time. :) We have pretty much identical evening at our house, even down to the tears.

Dawn said...

Eli was the first one to cry, but I didn't have my camera out yet. Then Brett tried to make him cry, kind of, but Eli refused to cry.

Dawn said...

Misty, I think the saying was used a lot for you since we were all "big kids" when you were born. You even asked one time, "How many hard knocks do I have to take?"

Amanda said...

love the pic of Brett.

Papa said...

Nice ! You are, and were, Fortunate to have, and had this opportunity.to roughhouse with Dad.

Your Mom, Karen, and Larry never really had such an opportunity. Their dad was usually away somewhere working in order that they would have a good life. As they grew up, I did allow myself to at least observe most of their Activities, Athletic and Academic GH

Ashley said...

Hahaha I love it!!!!