04 September 2008

First Day of School

The first day of school always brings with it some nerves.

Caleb was a little nervous that he would have older students (high school students) on the bus with him, and that they would break his cello. Well, he did end up having high school students on his bus, but his cello survived. He had a great first day. Many new adventures as he walked the halls of the middle school. More freedoms as he was able to walk by himself to his classes. More responsibility as he has to keep track of his own schedule. All in all he had a good day! Emily started a new school, also. After she got dressed I asked her if she was going to wear new clothes, and she told me that she wanted to wear her princess shirt. I guess sometimes we need to be reminded that we are princesses (and princes), and her first day at the elementary school was one of them. When I asked her how her day was, she replied, "BORING!" She did fall down and scrape her knee.
Eli was excited to go to school. He wasn't going to a new school, it was just the same thing as last year. In fact, his class is right across the hall from the one he was in last year. He was excited to see that he didn't have to share his locker with anyone, but he did say that he hoped his class didn't get any new students (he knew which locker they would be assigned to). Eli walked out with old clothes in his hand, and when I asked him if he was going to wear new clothes, his eyes lit up and he ran back into his room to get them.
I was excited to send them off to school. The experiences they will have and the growth they will experience will be fun to watch.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

WHOOO WHEEWWWWW (that was a whistle so go back and read it in whisper lingo) haha!! They looked so sharp!!!! Love the picture collages maybe you should do photography with me. I am glad they all had a good first day! I will see you soon!

Nessa said...

Isn't it just great to have the school year starting? I'm loving it so far! Thanks for the picture of Cade...it is soooooo his personality!

meredith said...

They all look so cute! I'm glad the 1st day went well. I hope Claire has fun on her 1st day too!

Misty said...

I like those pictures. However, you're missing one of yourself! =) (and Claire?)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Sorry about the deleted post, I just wanted to edit it.

Anyway, it was supposed to say. Your children look so grown up. We can't wait to see them when you guys come up here to visit.

Oh, good for you for remembering to take pictures. I got to the school and remembered that I had forgotten my camera. Luckily a friend at the school had hers and took pictures of my girls. Now I just have to get them.