13 September 2008

Fishing

The boys had the opportunity to go fishing the week before school started. They had the job of finding worms. We went out back into our garden (we didn't get it planted this year) and started digging. No success. I went out and started digging. No success. Then I started wondering where the worms were. We went to the front yard and started moving the mulch. Success!

Caleb was quick. I would use the shovel, move the dirt (mulch), and uncover the worms. He would quickly grab them. Some of them would try to get into a hole, and he would dig down and grab them. It hurt my back to be hunched over a shovel looking at the ground.
I think the boys had a good time, and they even caught a couple of fish. That always seems to make it better.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Hey- I'm just impressed that you have a picture of an 'animal' on your blog that is alive...way to go!!!

Dawn said...

Remember though, they won't be alive for long!