01 August 2009

Day 2 of 7 ...continued

So, the boys went halibut fishing, but it was too windy. There were four foot swells, so they couldn't get to the spot they wanted to. Hence, there were no halibut brought home. The did, however, catch a shark and some more salmon. They also pulled up the shrimp pots and brought home a handful of shrimp.

Caleb with a his shark.

J reeling in his catch.

Eli and his catch.

Of course it wasn't all work. Uncle Huck took them to a beautiful place where they got out and swam and hiked around. They really enjoyed the trip.

Caleb and Eli enjoying the water.


There is a submarine testing site, and the boys saw a submarine out there. It was fun because my dad was a submariner.

The boys hiking around.

The day's catch.

Cleaning the fish.

Prepping the fish for the smoker.

The fish ready to be smoked.

I can't wait to eat some of the fish that they have caught. So far, we have vacuum sealed the fish, and now smoked the fish. Oh, Huck did blacken a few little pieces in a fry pan. I have three words to say about it... DE-LI-CIOUS! (Yes, I know it is really only one word, I just wanted to emphasize it).

3 comments:

Misty said...

a shark? yikes! sounds like they had a good time.

Ashley said...

OMG Seriously fresh Alaskan sea food!! I am SO TOTALLY ENVIOUS OF YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW! yummy yummy yummy! I cannot wait to hear all about it. And bring a bite home for me of that smoked fish k?!?! HAHAHA

Micah said...

From the bear to catching your own shark it looks like you guys are getting a thoroughly Alaskan experience! Thanks for all the updates--it's fun to live vicariously.