31 August 2009

The Forgotten

I will by no means be receiving the mother-of-the-year award. As I write this, my child is at someone else's house.That may be all good, but not this time. We were at some friends' house playing games and left very late. All of the children had fallen asleep, so we had to wake them up to get them to the car. Brett and I started herding them toward the car, and I guess Emily was the first to head that way. Brett was close to the lead, and I was bringing up the caboose. When I finally made it outside, Brett was in his car ready to drive away. I looked in my car and saw three children. I assumed he had the other one, and didn't ask. So, off we went.

We got home and the children came in. Claire and Eli landed on the living room couches, and Caleb was up chatting with us. Brett came into the living room and asked where Emily was. I told him that I thought she was with him. He thought I was teasing him, and I thought he was teasing me.

We gave in and called our hostess, and she got out of bed to go and search for my daughter.

Emily had gone from the living room, downstairs toward the door, missed the door, continued downstairs to the basement, went into the basement, and curled up on a couch downstairs. Our hostess checked the living room first... no Emily, so she continued downstairs and found our Boo. She helped her walk back up to the living room and put her to sleep on the couch in there.

OOPS!

5 comments:

Misty said...

oops is right! was she confused when she woke up?

Ashley said...

Awww it was no biggie!!! Eli was in heaven to have her here this morning.

Dane said...

DOH! Well, for my award . . . .I left Thanny when he was probably around 1 in the car for half an hour at the library. It was a hundred-ish degrees outside. I was thinking the whole time, "this time at the library is just really, nice--it's so relaxing, we need to do this more . . . ." Finally it dawned on me . . . OOPS, yeah. Near death experiences are very tramatic.

Dawn said...

We have since picked her up. I don't think there will be any major psychological damage from this experience. In fact, it might be a tactic the children try from now on to stay at friends' houses overnight.

Dana- YIKES! I'm glad he is o.k.

Amber said...

DAWN!!!!! LOL!