09 August 2009

The Last Hurrah!

On Thursday, Heather and Caleb filled up some water balloons. We were not able to use them until Friday morning. On Friday the grown-ups were launching the balloons down the hill to the children, and then they decided to launch them at the children.

Huck loading the launcher with the last balloon.

Brett and Amber preparing for the launch.

The wounded. The balloon hit the mark - Emily's head.

Another of the wounded. J took one of the first hits. It welted his shoulder.

Brett and Huck couldn't stop laughing at the situation. Emily didn't even see the balloon coming. It hit her in the head and knocked her hood off. She started crying immediately and Brett and Huck doubled over laughing.

That night while we were eating, Brett randomly started laughing, and then commented that he doesn't think that he will ever stop laughing about Boo and being hit in the head.

2 comments:

Natalie Erskine said...

That's just mean....!

Heather said...

After looking at the how attractive those launcher pictures are, I am glad that I had gone inside by this point. I think I went inside to get the other parents so they could see us launching the balloons AT the kids. I am glad I missed being in the pictures though.